Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM? Home-1HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nathan
Level 5
Level 5

Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM? Empty
PostSubject: Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM?   Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM? Empty01/05/08, 07:12 am

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knew anything about stability when it comes to using XP Pro with more than 3Gbs?
Back to top Go down
Alfie-SR
Level 17
Level 17

PostSubject: Re: Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM?   Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM? Empty01/05/08, 10:02 am

Nathan wrote:
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knew anything about stability when it comes to using XP Pro with more than 3Gbs?

Yeah, XP has 3 Gigs minimum.
The more the better, either for memory or speed.
Back to top Go down
Phil
Level 36
Level 36

NG Alias : Phil
Whistle : Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM? W4

PostSubject: Re: Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM?   Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM? Empty01/05/08, 10:04 am

I thought you would be able to help on this subject. Winking
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombiephil.forumotion.com
Nathan
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM?   Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM? Empty01/05/08, 05:14 pm

Sorry didn't quite understand what you meant by 3gigs minimum? Wouldn't it be maximum?

From what I have heard, XP Pro can handle up to 3 gigs of System RAM, however for your system to recognize anymore than that, you either have to change your BIOS, upgrade to a 64bit OS or get some vista action.
Back to top Go down
Alfie-SR
Level 17
Level 17

PostSubject: Re: Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM?   Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM? Empty04/05/08, 07:04 am

Nathan wrote:
Sorry didn't quite understand what you meant by 3gigs minimum? Wouldn't it be maximum?

From what I have heard, XP Pro can handle up to 3 gigs of System RAM, however for your system to recognize anymore than that, you either have to change your BIOS, upgrade to a 64bit OS or get some vista action.

I meant once you change certain options (As you said) you can have a few gigs and your PC'll run really fast.
Back to top Go down
flashplayer5
Level 21
Level 21

NG Alias : flashplayer5
Whistle : Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM? W5

PostSubject: Re: Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM?   Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM? Empty14/05/08, 01:27 pm

Oh yeah, it could handle that easy....

because i know a lot about this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Jozz
Level 26
Level 26

NG Alias : Jozzalanco
Whistle : Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM? W5

PostSubject: Re: Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM?   Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM? Empty22/05/08, 02:23 am

Nathan wrote:

Nathan, you are correct.

Windows XP 32bit can only recognize 3GB Ram maximum, no matter what you do, you cannot raise your Ram in Windows XP by BIOS.

Like Nath said, upgrading to 64bit is probably the only way if you are still interested in XP.

Vista is great though. I have never had problems with it. Ever.
Back to top Go down
http://windowswithjozz.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM?   Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM? Empty24/06/08, 06:07 am

flashplayer5 wrote:
Oh yeah, it could handle that easy....

because i know a lot about this stuff.

Totally could handle it.
cuz i beh knowin bitches!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM?   Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can XP handle 4Gbs of RAM?
Page 1 of 1